Regular check-ups are key to a healthy and happy cat. There are five benefits of routine veterinary visits for your cat:
- Cats age more rapidly than humans. A cat reaches human age of 15 during its first year, and then 24 at age 2. Each year thereafter, they age approximately four “cat years” for every calendar year. Veterinary care is crucial because a lot can happen in four “cat years”, which is why annual visits are so important.
- Cat’s natural behaviors make them excellent at hiding how they feel when they are sick or in pain.
- Over 50% of cats are overweight or obese. We can provide nutritional and enrichment recommendations to help keep your cat at ideal weight.
- Preventative health care is better than reactive care. With a thorough physical exam, you are provided with a plan to help your cat remain healthy.
- Kittens have 26 teeth while adult cats have 30. This equates to a lot of dental care. Periodontal disease is considered the most prevalent disease in cats three years and older.